Thursday, October 10, 2013

Book review: "Once Upon a Potty (Girl)" by Alona Frankel

"Once Upon a Potty" is a fairly good introduction for a little girl to potty training. I wouldn't expect any book to be a perfect how-to potty training manual, but this at least shows kids that this is something that all little girls go through.

I didn't like the parts where you're supposed to say "I, Prudence's mother" or something similar it just seemed clumsy. I changed those parts to third-person ("This is Prudence's mother..." .)

As a father whose two kids are now potty trained (thank goodness!), I offer this advice to parents of toddlers: There's about a gazillion different approaches to potty training. Don't get bothered by some friend who tells you about what is supposedly the "right" way to potty train. Every child and every family is different, and you have to find what's right for you.

No comments:

Post a Comment