Friday, May 6, 2011

Restaurant review: Nibbler's, downtown Los Angeles

This restaurant, located near Union Station in downtown Los Angeles, was formerly a Denny's but recently got new ownership and a new name, Nibbler's. I never went there when it was Denny's but decided to give Nibbler's a try today for lunch.

Conclusion: Just OK.

Pros: The restaurant is clean and welcoming, and the staff friendly. The menu offers a wide selection of items, including omelets, sandwiches, soup and salads.

Cons: Poor service and prices that are too high for this sort of restaurant.

After I was seated, the waitress took a long time to return to take my order (I was starting to consider walking out). Later, after I had gotten my meal, I asked her for more syrup. She acknowledged my request, then disappeared and never brought the syrup (I snagged a bottle off an adjacent table).

I ordered the "Big Bang" combo of pancakes, eggs, sausage and bacon (much like Denny's Grand Slam). It was $3.95, a decent price, but virtually everything else on the menu was at least $8.  I figure a hamburger and fries at this kind of diner should be about $5.95, but here it was $7.95.

How was the food?  Just OK.

-------

(Please support this blog by clicking on an ad.)

No comments:

Post a Comment