Thursday, March 17, 2011

Review: Healthcare Partners and Dr. Roberto Jordan

I had a clogged ear that was getting worse by the day, so yesterday I visited the Healthcare Partners urgent care center in Long Beach, California, at Redondo Boulevard and Willow Avenue.

I checked in about 6:30 p.m. and Dr. Roberto Jordan saw me about 35-40 minutes later. For a walk-in system, that's about as short a wait as you're going to find, at least in Southern California.

Dr. Jordan checked my ear, felt my glands and looked in my nose. He drew a couple diagrams of the ear to explain what he felt the problem was. He pulled out his smartphone and showed me pictures of infected eardrums, for illustration ("This is what your ear does NOT look like"). He wrote a prescription and gave me detailed instructions for followup care.

All in all, it was really a top-quality experience. Five stars to Dr. Jordan and Healthcare Partners.

-------

(Please support this blog by clicking on an ad.)

No comments:

Post a Comment